We offer the following benefits, designed to promote your work-life balance and make your time at Wellcome enjoyable and rewarding.
On this page
- Holiday – 25 days’ holiday a year plus bank holidays (and we usually close between Christmas and New Year).
- Pension (defined contribution plan) – you contribute at least 3% and we pay in 15% of your salary.
- Income protection – to maintain your income if you have a prolonged illness or disability.
- Life assurance – four to six times your basic salary if you’re a member of our pension plan.
- Interest-free travel season ticket loan.
Health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance – we pay the cover, you pay the tax (and you can pay to add dependants).
- Gym and fitness classes – free membership to on-site gym and subsidised fitness classes and treatments.
- Employee assistance programme – free, independent 24/7 help and advice for work-related issues as well as problems affecting your home life.
- Mental health support – our network of mental health first aiders can be a first point of contact, or help while you're receiving professional help.
- Health assessments (free and voluntary) – after you’ve been here for one year, then every two years after that.
- Occupational health – annual eye tests and flu jabs, as well as job-related vaccinations.
- Flexible working – we make every effort to support flexible working, including flexible working hours and remote working (we respect people's different working preferences and the need for a healthy work-life balance).
- Flexi-leave scheme – you can buy or sell up to five days of your holiday entitlement a year.
- Staff social club – a range of sports teams and fun events throughout the year.
- Volunteering – we give you up to four days' paid leave a year to contribute to our local community.
- Give As You Earn – allows you to make tax-free donations to the charities you care about.
- Cycle-to-work scheme – we offer at least 25% discount on bikes and cycling equipment and we have secure cycle storage, lockers and showers.
- Subsidised restaurant and cafe.
- Wellcome Collection discounts – 20% off food, drink and gifts from our cafe, restaurant and shop.
- Discounts through Perkbox – shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, phone insurance and gift cards.