Wellcome Open Research advisory board appointed
Wellcome Open Research – our new publishing platform – launches this autumn. It will allow our researchers to rapidly publish and share all outputs from their research.
We have appointed the following people from across the research community to be the platform’s advisory board. The board members will provide input and advice on the platform's progress and development.
- Professor Philip Bejon, Executive Director of the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust unit in Kilifi.
- Professor Dorothy Bishop, Professor of Developmental Neuropsychology, and Wellcome Principal Research Fellow at the University of Oxford.
- Professor Dame Kay Davies, Dr Lee’s Head of Anatomy, and Director of the MRC Genomics Functional Unit at the University of Oxford, and Deputy Chair of the Wellcome Board of Governors.
- Professor Adam Hedgecoe, Associate Director and Wellcome Investigator at Cardiff School of Social Sciences.
- Dr Johanna McEntyre, Head of Literature Services at EMBL-EBI.
- Professor Nazneen Rahman, Head of the Division of Genetics and Epidemiology, and Wellcome Investigator and Strategic Award Holder at The Institute of Cancer Research.
- Dr Jim Smith, Director of Research at the Francis Crick Institute, and Deputy CEO and Chief of Strategy at the MRC.
- Professor Andy Waters, Professor in Biomedical and Life Sciences, and Director of the Wellcome Trust Centre for Molecular Parasitology at the University of Glasgow.
Read more from Wellcome’s Head of Digital Services Robert Kiley on why we decided to create Wellcome Open Research, and how it could change research publishing.