Wellcome Trust researchers elected as Royal Society Fellows
Seven members of the Wellcome Trust community, including Director Jeremy Farrar, have today been elected Fellows of the Royal Society.
They are named in a list that celebrates over 40 distinguished scientists and researchers who are leaders in their fields.
We congratulate our researchers recognised in today’s announcement:
- Professor Jane Clarke (University of Cambridge)
- Sir Rory Collins (University of Oxford)
- Professor Annette Dolphin (UCL)
- Professor Jeremy Farrar (Wellcome Trust Director)
- Professor Michael Häusser (UCL)
- Professor Gero Miesenböck (University of Oxford)
- Dr Ketan Patel (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology)
Professor Jane Clarke and Professor Annette Dolphin are two of the eight women named as Fellows in this year’s announcement.
Jeremy Farrar is honoured for his contributions to our understanding of the epidemiology, pathogenesis and treatment of several globally important infectious diseases, especially those affecting countries in South East Asia.
He said: "I am honoured and humbled to have been elected a Fellow of the Royal Society and named alongside so many members of the Wellcome Trust community. I send my congratulations to all those elected today as Fellows who have contributed so much to society through the advancement of science and research."
You can read the full list of newly elected Fellows on the Royal Society website.