The judges for the 2019 Wellcome Photography Prize were:
- Emma Bowkett, Director of Photography at FT Weekend Magazine, UK
- Dan M Davis, Professor of Immunology at the University of Manchester, UK
- Dr Heidi Larson, Director of The Vaccine Confidence Project at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK
- Joanne Liu, International President of Médecins Sans Frontières, Switzerland
- Pete Muller, National Geographic Photographer and Fellow, Kenya
- Azu Nwagbogu, Curator at Large for Photography at the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa, Nigeria.
The panel was chaired by Jeremy Farrar, Director of Wellcome.