Images entered into the Wellcome Photography Prize are shortlisted and then the winners are chosen by a panel of high-profile judges.
The judges for the 2019 Wellcome Photography Prize are:
- Emma Bowkett, Director of Photography at FT Weekend Magazine, UK
- Dan M Davis, Professor of Immunology at the University of Manchester, UK
- Dr Heidi Larson, Director of The Vaccine Confidence Project at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK
- Joanne Liu, International President of Médecins Sans Frontières, Switzerland
- Pete Muller, National Geographic Photographer and Fellow, Kenya
- Azu Nwagbogu, Curator at Large for Photography at the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa, Nigeria.
The judges panel is chaired by Jeremy Farrar, Director of Wellcome.
Stay up to date
- Follow Wellcome Photography Prize on Instagram
- Sign up for emails to get all the latest news about the prize
Thank you. If this is the first time you have subscribed to a newsletter from Wellcome, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your subscription.