Areas in development
We explore certain areas to see what impact our involvement could have.
After a development phase, we decide whether to make the area one of our priority areas, to take it forward in other ways, or to let others take the lead if they're better placed to act.
Mental health will be our next area in development
We will explore how we could improve young people's mental wellbeing through supporting:
- alternative approaches to better understand mental health
- the development and evaluation of new interventions to prevent and respond to mental health problems.
We recently advertised for someone to lead this development area. We'll provide more details about our work later this year once we have a team in place.
How we choose priority areas
To become a priority area, we need to be sure that:
- there’s a clear and compelling need for change
- our involvement will make a real difference
- we'll develop an approach that's more than the sum of its parts by bringing together different strands of our existing work
- we can involve a range of partners or different perspectives
- we have a focused plan with clear targets.
If you have any questions, contact