We use four principles to help inform and guide the way in which we undertake our work, both internally and externally.
- Having the confidence to make decisions, and knowing when to act and when to consult.
- Taking responsibility - for what we do and for getting things done.
- Supporting each other to deliver our best and advance Wellcome's goals.
Savour the mix
- Being open to the widest mix of ideas, expertise and thinking.
- Encouraging diversity, forging new relationships and drawing on their power.
- Generously sharing knowledge, resources and time with others.
- Being ambitious for ourselves and our mission.
- Using the freedom to think creatively, to push that bit further – and ask why not.
- Seizing opportunities to challenge ourselves, learning from our mistakes.
Enjoy the challenge
- Bringing our passion to the work we do, helping others do the same.
- Living Wellcome's spirit, riding the ups and downs, and having an impact.
- Being ourselves and having fun while we do it.
These principles provide an insight into our shared spirit and common culture. They also help set the expectations for individuals and teams, as they develop and work for our organisation in helping to deliver our mission.