We've surveyed more than 4,000 students between year 10 and year 13 to hear their attitudes towards and experiences of science education and careers.
- young people’s views on science education and careers, based on a survey of more than 4,000 students between year 10 and year 13 in state-funded schools across England.
Who this is for
- policy makers
- informal science educators
- 68% of young people found science lessons at school very interesting or fairly interesting
- 43% of young people were very or fairly interested in a science-related career
- 35% of young people said ‘having a good teacher’ had encouraged them to learn science
- 29% of GCSE students reported doing practical science less than once a month
- 28% of young people wanted to do STEM-related work experience but were unable to.