Wellcome Image Awards going on show across the UK and beyond
News / Published: 4 March 2016
The Wellcome Image Award winners are going to more places than ever before, with exhibitions to be held across the UK, including the Science Museum in London, and in the USA, Russia and South Africa.
Showcasing the best in science image making, this year’s award-winning images include pathways of nerve fibres in the brain, delicate golden scales on a Madagascan sunset moth, and a digitally reconstructed skeleton showing atheroma, the ‘furring up’ of arteries that supply blood to the brain, in someone who has had a stroke.
Following the success of previous Wellcome Image Awards exhibitions, held simultaneously at venues in all four countries of the UK and USA, the 2016 winning images will be brought to even more locations.
The following venues are participating:
- Africa Centre for Population Health in South Africa
- At-Bristol Science Centre
- Cambridge Science Centre
- Dundee Science Centre
- Eden Project in Cornwall
- Glasgow Science Centre
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Koch Institute), USA
- Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester
- Polytechnic Museum in Moscow, Russia
- Satrosphere in Aberdeen
- Science Museum in London
- Science Gallery Dublin
- Techniquest in Cardiff
- Thackray Medical Museum in Leeds
- Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum at Millennium Point
- W5 in Belfast.