Museum visitor experience apprentice
This apprenticeship will give you:
- the opportunity to gain experience delivering a high-level visitor experience in a high-profile independent museum
- an understanding of museum operations, including fire evacuation, managing visitor flow, responding to incidents and complaints, supporting the delivery of events and exhibitions, ticket sales, and responding to written enquiries and comments
- the opportunity to support an innovative programme of engagement activities and to develop and deliver tours and talks
- qualifications and experience that will allow you to apply for further roles within the museum sector.
Experience and skills
To be successful, you will need to have:
- an interest in and knowledge of history, art or science and a desire to work in a cultural setting such as libraries and museums
- a strong commitment to successfully completing the apprenticeship, as well as to professional and personal development
- excellent verbal communication skills and confidence about engaging with the public and communicating sometimes challenging and thought-provoking content
- good IT skills, with the ability to learn and use a variety of packages and programs
- strong attention to detail
- a high standard of reliability and time keeping
- a positive attitude, flexible approach to work and ability to work well as part of a team and embrace new opportunities
- ability to maintain confidentiality at all times with visitor information
- commitment to improve both professionally and personally.
This post will require you to work flexibly Monday to Sunday on a rota basis agreed in advance, so you should be able to work evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays, regular late-night openings and most Thursday afternoons, as well as attending occasional out-of-hours meetings and training.
Education and qualifications
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and maths.
If you are passionate about our work and eager to gain an apprenticeship and experience in the museum sector, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about the role, see the National Apprenticeship Service webpage.
To apply, you need to email:
- your CV
- information about why you want this role
- your relevant interests, experience and skills
to James Standage: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: February 2018.