Science Learning+ is an international initiative that aims to understand the power of informal learning experiences inside and outside of school.
Scheme at a glance
This scheme is now closed
Where your host organisation is based:
UK, Republic of Ireland, Rest of the world
Research and development
Level of funding:
Up to £1.5 million
Duration of funding:
Up to 5 years (possibly longer for longitudinal studies)
If you have any questions, please contact Mat Hickman:
- +44 (0)20 7611 8825
Eligibility and suitability
Who can apply
You can apply for a Science Learning+ award if your project involves:
- an international collaboration between individuals and/or organisations from the USA and the UK/Republic of Ireland
- substantive research activity - it must not solely focus on public engagement
- genuine partnerships between researchers and practitioners
- experts from different disciplinary areas
- more than one informal learning location, platform, or environment.
You can find out more about eligibility for Science Learning+ on the National Science Foundation website.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for proposals that aim to:
- build a stronger evidence base around the impact of informal learning and the design of learning environments
- bridge the gap between science engagement practice and research
- encourage the sharing of knowledge between science engagement practitioners and researchers in the USA, UK and Republic of Ireland.
More information about what we’re looking for is available on the National Science Foundation website.
What we offer
A Science Learning+ award offers up to £1.5 million over five years (possibly longer for longitudinal studies).
We’re aiming to award five grants, with projects expected to start in early 2017.
The National Science Foundation website has more information about costs.
How to apply
This scheme is now closed.
- Republic of Ireland
- Rest of the world
- Research and development