Public health and tropical medicine remit
The remit covers research on infectious and non-communicable diseases of relevance to local, national or global health. This includes:
- demographic, social science and health economic studies
- epidemiological, field and community based studies
- health care systems and policy research
- measurement of infectious and chronic disease burden
- population studies
- clinical trials and case control studies
- studies of disease mechanisms in the natural host
- determinants of disease susceptibility and resistance
- immunity or resistance in natural hosts or vectors.
This can include laboratory-based molecular analysis of field or clinical samples. This doesn't include projects focused solely on studies in vitro or using animal model studies.