Starting a grant
What you need to know once your grant has been awarded, including our grant conditions and the grant start certificate.
Conditions and policies
The grant conditions detail the conditions under which a grant is awarded.
Our views and requirements for research practice and funding, including policies on open access and data management and sharing.
Guidance for grantholders
Guidance for our Engaging Science grantholders
Starting a grant forms
Grant start date
- The notional grant start date and grant duration are specified in the letter of award.
- The actual grant start date can be deferred by up to 12 months.
- The grant duration will remain unchanged, thereby allowing the grant end date to be put back by an equivalent number of months.
- The grant is deemed to have formally started when the first post holder is appointed.
- The start date of the grant should be entered on the Grant Start Certificate.
- The official grant end date is determined by the actual start date plus grant duration. This will not be changed unless specifically requested by the grantholder.