Policy on external access to the Wellcome Trust archives
- The Trust will always try to respond to reasonable requests for information about itself and the activities it funds. We aim to be open and transparent about our work unless there is a good reason to keep information private, such as confidential business dealings, personal grant information (including the attributed comments of the peer reviewers we use to assist in our grant making activities) or information that is subject to restricted access under legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Researchers should visit the Wellcome Trust website or approach the Wellcome Library in the first instance for access to published material and thereafter be directed to the Trust's Records Manager/Archivist who will determine the availability of Trust business archives. Access will be considered on a case-by-case basis, subject to a clear explanation of what information is being sought and the purpose to which it will be put. The request should be submitted on the appropriate form (available via the Library). Access, when granted, will be in accordance with Wellcome Library rules and undertakings.
- Requests from the media will generally be handled by the Media Office in the first instance.
- Grant enquiries should continue to be directed to the relevant funding stream or email@example.com.
- A rich source of information about Trust policies as well as its funding and other activities is available on Wellcome Trust websites.
If you have questions about any of our policies, contact the policy team.